Engineer Trainee Program
Melbourne, Sydney & Queensland
Melbourne, Sydney & Queensland
Canon Production Printing Australia is a global leader in digital printing and imaging. Our vision is to provide our customer with the best print solution for their needs today and in the future, perfectly implemented and with a high level of customer intimacy.
We are innovators, creating exceptional technologies, products and services for our main markets in printing and workflow management. We are focused on accelerating digital imaging technologies and developing high-tech printing products and services.
We invest heavily in the training, processes and tooling required to ensure the Canon Production Printing Australia service team’s knowledge and skills are maintained at a premium level, with an experienced regional service team ready to provide the reliable service our customers need.
About the role
With a reputable brand, our organisation has several unique opportunities for Trainee – Customer Service Engineers. Working with the customer service engineer team you will be able to learn the ropes and develop expertise by being involved assisting the senior customer service engineers.
In this role, you will be trained by the best by working on state of the art production print equipment with a diverse and unique product range in the highly specialized professional print market. The successful candidate will be invited to attend an open information session with some of our Canon Production Printing team.
The role will be working mainly within a local state team, but you will be part of the greater national support team. Applicants must have a good technical aptitude and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies, plus be comfortable communicating to clients.
The successful candidates will receive fantastic benefits, including: Competitive Salary, car allowance, tools of trade and investment into training and development including formal education. Additional, opportunities to travel Interstate and internationally will be available in the future as part of long term career development.
• Assist servicing production printing equipment, ensuring procedures are kept current and customer’s machines are maintained to a high level.
• Learning and developing skills in a cross section of print products to service and respond to customer needs.
• Supporting the effective delivery of customer’s needs and building productive relationships.
• Providing technical support and assist in other business needs.
• Contribute to and comply with OH&S policy and procedure
• Assure a safe working environment
• Familiarisation of CPPA operational business
• Complete and pass technical product training
Skills & Experience
• Trade certificates and/or diplomas in a related field an advantage.
• Experience in customer service.
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
• Interest in the electrical and mechanical field.
This is a professional, performance driven culture built around values of success, happiness, unity, passion and trust.
For more information about this position, contact Annabel Talbot – firstname.lastname@example.org