UVgel technology is at the heart of the Colorado series printers, a unique print-then-cure process using UVgel inks and UV LED curing. These inks form an ultra-thin, extremely durable layer on top of the media, even porous media that absorbs other inks. The result:
- An excellent colour gamut, colour depth and light fastness
- Certified low-odour prints, important for indoor usage
- No drying time, so no waiting before finishing
- High printing speeds up to 159 m2/hour for maximum productivity
- Low-temperature, low-energy UV LED curing, enabling usage of heat sensitive media
- Robust prints on a wide range of media
Then there is the true gel advantage. Because the gel droplets remain stable on the media, with hardly any dot gain, it is possible to deposit more ink in fewer passes. The result: razor sharp details, a wide gamut and full-speed-ahead productivity. The UVgel ink provides a durable, scratch-resistant layer that needs no further protection. For the application range of the Colorado 1650, the UVgel 460 inks are developed to offer elasticity and flexibility. This provides an even better performance when prints need to be folded, creased, wrapped or stretched on a frame.