Our Sustainability Policy
In our business strategy, we have always focused on meeting and surpassing the requirements and expectations of all our stakeholders through technological leadership. To achieve this, we balance economic, environmental and social interests, while keeping in mind the needs of future generations. We aim to grow our business responsibly while contributing to a sustainable global society.
As an employer, we support our employees to maximize their potential by providing them a safe and fulfilling working environment and attractive working conditions to enable them to flourish.
In our business activities, we are a responsible business partner and corporate citizen, taking into account the full material aspects and value chain of our products. We aim to minimize the environmental impact in the regions we operate in. We respect and advocate fundamental human rights in society. We expect and demand of our business partners to have the same approach to business.
Our Sustainability Policy is in line with the Canon Group Corporate Social Responsibility Basic Statement, the Canon Human Rights Policy and the Canon corporate philosophy of Kyosei. Kyosei aims to achieve corporate growth and development while contributing to the prosperity of the world and the happiness of mankind.
Our Focus Areas
Our sustainability strategy focuses on five areas:
- Respect our customers wishes with a keen eye on future generations
Grow customer awareness on circular business by designing more sustainable products
- Nurture the environment
Use energy and resources responsibly, eliminate hazardous substances and preserve biodiversity
- Act responsibly throughout the entire value chain
Pursue responsible procurement with regards to essential minerals, excluding child labor and forced labor, and adhere to anti-bribery acts and policies.
- Generate meaning for society
Initiate and support educational, cultural, charitable and local community programs
- Believe in our employees and cherish them – they are our key asset
We aim to create and maintain a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace that reflects the communities in which we operate. We support our employees in developing their skills and competences, and protect their safety and health.
- In our activities, we respect and apply the following international initiatives:
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- International Labor Organization (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
- The Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) Code of Conduct